Allergy And Ent Doctor | 3 Things You Must Have In Your Allergy Kit

Allergy And Ent Doctor | Depending on your body’s reaction to allergies, you should have an allergy kit available to you at all times. Allergy kits are essential for those households that have allergies or for those who experience anaphylaxis due to an allergic reaction. Check out these 3 things that you must have in your allergy kit:


Commonly known as an EpiPen, epinephrine is the one thing that will help to open up closing airways in the event of an extreme allergic reaction. Epinephrine is administered by a needle and can be easily carried in EpiPen form. Make sure to follow the manufacturer guidelines carefully and always have at least one pen on hand. Check the pen often for discolored fluid and ask your allergy doctor for a prescription refill when the pen has expired. Also make sure to keep the pen in a stable environment and don’t store it in too hot or cold environments.


For those allergic reactions that aren’t as severe, always have a bottle of Benadryl in your allergy kit. This over the counter product will allow you to head off a reaction before the need for life saving medicine. It can be easily administered as a syrup or tablet form. Make sure to replace an expired bottle in order to get the most benefit from this medication.

Information Card

Your allergy kit should have all of your information on it including your name, phone number, address, and person to contact in case of an emergency. It should also clearly list out your known allergies as well as any other medical concerns that you may have.  Your allergy doctor should also be listed as well as their phone number. This information will be important if you are unconscious or need help from others during an allergic reaction.

An allergy kit is a good idea to have at home, at work, in the car, or in your purse or backpack in order to always be ready for an allergic reaction. You never know when your body will overreact to a substance and should always be prepared. Find a local allergy doctor at your nearby National Allergy and ENT office.